Saturday, January 1, 2011

Introduction

So I've been thinking of doing a blog to keep track of the progress on my car for a while and now that I have some extra time I'll finally start it.

To start, here's a little introduction to the car.  It is a 1995 Nissan 240sx SE.  I was looking for a clean, affordable, mid-90's, RWD car that would be a fun car to drive and work on, and had a lot of potential for growth.  I had it narrowed down to either a Mazda Miata or a Nissan 240sx and was looking for which I could get the best deal on.  That's when I found this S14.


 It was obviously going to be a work in progress with the interior completely stripped out, and it was fairly high mileage but at the same time, the body was in amazing condition, especially compared to some of the other 240's out there.

  The car was 11 hours away, but I figured it'd be worth the drive.  When I got to the car it had no rear brakes, a cracked windshield, it was leaking oil, and it wouldn't go into first or reverse.  But despite all that I bought it anyways and limped it back to my sister's place in Ohio.  The drive that should've taken 5 hours took 11.


Trunk full of parts
Once I got the car to my sister's place I washed the car for what I'm pretty sure was the first time in 2 or 3 years

After finally getting the car into Canada and finishing up all the paperwork for importing it I could finally start the first stage of the build;  finding all the parts and putting it all back together.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I remember reading in an old geography text that those new jersey ginos only wash their cars annually... they're too busy clubbing! ;). Seriously this car may have been dirty but body was squeak clean rust-free... Should be a good build!

    ReplyDelete